Saturday, April 7, 2012

Trying this out

Here goes nothing. I am currently a full time mom, teacher and when I get the chance I am trying to lose weight. The balance of all that is very delicate, but I think I'm slowly figuring it out. I had gestational diabetes with both of my pregnancies, and after the last one I decided that I never want to get diabetes again. With that motivation, (and the time I had off of work last summer,) I managed to lose 20 pounds. Going back to work was hard, and I slowly gained back a few pounds. With the new year I have renewed my dedication to losing weight, and I have lost about 5 pounds in 2012. My current goal is to run a 5K for my 35th birthday in July. I'm working with the Couch to 5K app on my phone, and have kept it up for a month now. I'm having trouble surviving the 3-minute run, so have been repeating week 3. Today wasn't too bad and I may attempt the next level soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment