Monday, April 9, 2012

Lunches for the week


Today I have off (for Easter Monday, something I didn't realize existed until I got a job in a Catholic school). I used it to my advantage by cooking up a big pot of chili to use as my lunches for the rest of the week. I try to make up lunches for the week as often as I can, so I can ensure a healthy lunch for myself. I usually make soup, because it's easy and can be packed full of vegetables. If possible, I make it meatless as well, since I am trying to cut back on the meat I eat. Today's chili was Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili. I served it over quinoa, which has a lot of protein. I made up three individual sized portions, then froze some as well. I got my recipe here and have to say it was delicious! It was a little dry, so I added some water early on. I will definitely make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment