Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Product of the day: Excedrin

I'm sure this isn't a doctor-approved method, but for me it worked very well.  Once I made the decision to get up early to exercise, I found myself hitting the snooze alarm a lot.  I don't know about you, but I need at least one snooze alarm cycle to fully wake up.  My problem was that I kept hitting snooze and didn't get up.  This all started happening during one of my bouts with seasonal allergies, which often manifests itself as a bad headache. So, one morning (between the snooze alarms) I took two Excedrin.  Excedrin is a headache medicine containing aspirin, acetaminophen (Tylenol) and caffeine.  Twenty minutes later, I was awake thanks to the caffeine.  I got up and got some exercise in.  This became my routine:  alarm goes off, take a couple Excedrin, be wide awake soon enough and get up to exercise.  Once this became a habit for me, I was able to stop taking the Excedrin.  Now I can get up and exercise most mornings (unless the kids wake me up a lot during the night).  In fact, I know I will feel better if I do.  This has allowed me to break the weight plateau I was stuck on.

No comments:

Post a Comment