Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pinterest

My motivation tool of the week is Pinterest.  For those of you that haven't heard of it, watch out it is super-duper addicting.  The basic premise is a site where you can organize links (with a picture from the website) onto boards.  Each board can have a different category and title.

 The reason that I find the site to be a good motivation is that you can look for sites that are specifically for fitness. Not all of the sites on there are good links, but it can help me feel motivated to look at pictures of things to do with fitness.  I often click on sites I think look interesting, and have often found some that I enjoy (like this one).  I find that when I need a little motivation, I can go check out what's out there.  That helps me get the motivation I need to exercise or maybe it helps me not eat too much.

You do have to watch out, since a big part of Pinterest is sharing recipes and man do some of them look good!  It can have the opposite affect you're looking for, so I tend to steer clear of the food unless I'm not too hungry.  There are healthy recipes out there, you just have to look for them carefully.  I tend to filter sites to the Fitness category quickly, just to miss the Oreo cake recipe.

You can follow the boards of friends and anyone you want, really.  Feel free to look for me (here).  I have found a few people that have some great fitness stuff.  Jemma Joseph is one of my favorite people for good workouts.  Where does she find the time to find all those great workouts?

Try Pinterest sometime.  I promise it is worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment